Carrie Beats Out Taylor Swift

It’s official. Carrie Underwood is The Academy Of Country Music Entertainer of the Year for the second year beating out a tough group including Taylor Swift.

Carrie also went on to win the “Triple Crown” award for winning Best New Artist, Best Female Vocalist and Entertainer of the year in her ACM career.

In summary that would be Carrie 2, Swift 0. Congratulations to Carrie.

1. roar says:

This is because taylor cant sing at all…watch her sing with legend stevie nicks at the grammys and completely failing and ruining rhiannon…poor nicks had to backup sing for her :(

2. rachel says:

Yay for Carrie ! In my opinion, she sings circles around Taylor.

3. Easy Rider says:

@ DrillerAA:
    Good point about the text vote and George Strait Driller. :wink:

@ DrillerAA:
    won

It’s early, I had a long week-end and I haven’t had my coffee yet.

In all honesty I thought that “text voting” would hand the award to Taylor. I’m glad that it didn’t.
    As long as fans can text vote, George Strait will never win it again. Most of his fans don’t know how to text.
    The real winners were Brooks and Dunn. They’ve been together for twenty years and have one best Duo sixteen times!

6. Easy Rider says:

I’m glad Carrie won and I think she deserved to win over Taylor. Taylor does not target the country music audience like Carrie does. A lot of Taylor’s songs are more pop sounding and seem to target the tweens.
    Besides, Carrie has a much bigger and more country sounding voice then Taylor. But personally I think Taylor is a great talent and will be around for many years to come. She also seemed genuinely happy for Carrie when she lost to her, and appeared to have a great time all night. I thought Taylor to be a gracious young lady who handled herself with class and dignity. That cannot be said about many young starlet’s today. :smile:

7. Joyce says:

Soooooooooo happy for Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

8. randomx6 says:

As I said earlier…

Reba, Lorreta, Dolly, Tammy, Crystal, (I could keep going) never won Entertainer of the Year 2 years in a row but Carrie does? Something deeply wrong with that picture.