Daily Idol Headlines (3)

* Josiah Lemming Lands Major Record Deal
* Idol’s David Hernandez Wants to Be “Rent” Boy
* Take a Bit Of Kristy Lee
* Amanda Overmyer Is THAT Famous?

[quote comment="27751"][quote comment="27738"] Success in the industry is a crap shoot, at best. If AI helps a singer continue to do what he/she loves to do (sing/perform), even if it isn’t HUGE success commercially, then I think AI is a good thing.
    [/quote]

I worked for William Hung…… :em21:[/quote]

LOL…that is EXACTLY right! Whatever works. :em47:

2. Mac says:

[/quote]

I worked for William Hung…… :em21:

3. Bon says:

[quote comment="27734"]She hid it well under the clothes and the hair but Amanda is a very pretty girl.[/quote]

I’d started wondering if I was the only one who thought Amanda was really quite pretty. And from what I could see (after all, her clothes tended to be skin tight), she seemed to have a nice figure, too.

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to see nude photos of ANYONE! Although I could think of several guys I would like to see photos of, shirtless and wearing low-slung jeans. Mmmmmmm… :em50:

Good for Josiah! I kinda liked that kid. I hope he does well. You know, if nothing else, AI is a stepping stone for some people and I think that is a great thing. Success in the industry is a crap shoot, at best. If AI helps a singer continue to do what he/she loves to do (sing/perform), even if it isn’t HUGE success commercially, then I think AI is a good thing.

Now you all know what I think of Taylor Hicks. LOVE him. Still listen to him. People make fun ALL. THE. TIME. saying where is he? What is he doing? etc… I’m here to tell you, because I keep up, he’s been busy since AI ended and he won. He continues to work and make music constantly. That, I think, is success. So what if he isn’t on mainstream radio? He’s in my CD player and on my MP3.

Thus ends my rant. Thank you and good night.

Ang

5. TLR says:

and there you have it, the difference between men and women

Men =yeahs
    Women=neighs

6. Mac says:

1- Josiah? Who cares!? He acted childishly in Hollywood and it came back to bite him. Randy/Paula/Simon were right to leave him out. He would have created more drama than anything and that is not what the show is all about. I think he will become another forgetable British pop band sound alike.

2- David H would do well in the theater. I think Rent is a good fit for him. I wasn’t a big fan of his but let’s face it, the boy can sing. He has a promising career in the theater.

3- I could care less about Kristy Lee. She has been all but forgetable in the top 12. If she didn’t look as good as she does she probably would be gone by now.

4- Amanda seems to be a realist. I think she knew that she wasn’t going to take the title this year. But she used her time to get some positive exposure. She had a good attitide on the show and plenty of confidence. I hope she does well in life. I really grew to like her as the show progressed. And being the dirty old man that I am, I’d love to see those nudes. She hid it well under the clothes and the hair but Amanda is a very pretty girl.

7. TLR says:

[quote comment="27725"]Nude photos of Amanda? Ewww.[/quote]
    Total caca

8. ABB says:

Nude photos of Amanda? Ewww.

9. rachel says:

I read this on the People Magazine web site:

“Getting cut from American Idol on Wednesday wasn’t the end of the world for Amanda Overmyer. The nurse from Mulberry, Ind., is ready for what’s next and she hopes that it’s singing rock ‘n’ roll. But being a star isn’t a priority. Of her 15 minutes of fame, she says, “I’ll take it for what it is and move on.” Overmyer spoke to reporters Thursday, the morning after her elimination, and revealed what she told Kristy Lee Cook up on the Idol stage, what it means to be the “quintessential rocker chick” and whether or not she plans to invite any of the Idols to her upcoming wedding.” –Alondra Hernandez

She is engaged and getting married.

10. rachel says:

[quote comment="27704"][quote comment="27698"]If Amanda got rid of her trademark skunk stripes in her hair, I doubt anyone would even know who she was ![/quote]

if those rumored nude photos surface anytime soon she won’t be forgotten. Of course I personally am not looking forward to them. Now if it were Kristy or Ramielle that would be another story :)[/quote]

Nude photos of AMANDA ?????
    On or off of her bike ??
    :em62: :em62: :em62:

11. Dr. Electro says:

Oh! My goodness! My old heart couldn’t take it. :em51:

12. DJSlim says:

13. ABB says:

[quote comment="27696"]I’m happy for Josiah. But I don’t really think he can “sing”. He never should have made it any further than he did.
    A year from now (if not now), people will be asking, “Josiah WHO?”
    I wish him all the luck, however ![/quote]
    I thought he was really good singing what he wanted to sing, but not so great when he had to sing what the show asked for. He has a great indie vibe.

14. Dr. Electro says:

[quote comment="27697"]A Kristy Lee Special ???
    Turkey, Basil & Mozzarella???
    :em26: :em26: :em26:[/quote]
    My Kristy special would be more like bologna and American cheese on white bread! I might add some ham, too. :em21:

15. rachel says:

16. rachel says:

A Kristy Lee Special ???
    Turkey, Basil & Mozzarella???
    :em26: :em26: :em26:

17. rachel says:

A year from now (if not now), people will be asking, “Josiah WHO?”
    I wish him all the luck, however !

18. Dr. Electro says:

Awesome video of Kristy and the tiger! I once had the experience of petting a yearling cheetah and a four month old lion at the same time. Those big cats can be just as cuddly as little tabby kittens. They purr, too.

19. rc234 says:

yay for josiah. i kinda miss david h though. he was one of the great sounding singers this season. :em28:

20. ABB says:

Good for Josiah. Hopefully he won’t have to compromise too many of his ideals and hopefully he finds a band that he’s comfortable playing with :em47: