Episode 13 – Group 1 Results

Tonight 3 contestants from Group 1 will advance to the Top 12. Angie will bring you all the results as they happen live on the East Coast Feed. Everything is after the jump.

If you are watching which I am sure you are feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment. Don’t forget tonight at 11PM EST is the Idol Radio show hosted by Sir Darryl and Alan Attebery. You can click Here to tune in and listen. You will even be able to call into the show and some of the comments made here might even make it to the show.

Advancing To Top 12
Alexis Grace
Michael Sarver
Danny Gokey

Sent Home
Casey Carlson
Stephen Fowler
Ricky Braddy
Jackie Tohn
Anoop Desai
Anne Marie Boskovich
Brent Keith
Stevie Wright
Tatiana DelToro

Cue the band of trumpets…aaaaand…TA DA!! Yes, it is I, your Idol QUEEN, Angie, back again for another fun season of thrills, chills and daffodils…or something like that.

THIS…is American Idol!!

Look! There’s Ryan looking all casual in his jeans and button down with a suit jacket over that complete with new and much improved hair. Nicely played, Ry. Nicely played. He’s all banter-y and chatty with the judges (who are in the complete wrong order this year!! Simon to the left and Randy on the right?? I think NOT, TPTB!) He tries to force Simon to be nice to CAR-uh and clearly this makes SiSi uncomfortable. If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all, Simon!

Group song alert! Group song alert! First group song of Season 8 (this IS season 8, right? I lose track) and they’re singing “I’m Yours” and pretty much are kinda sorta all over the dang place. What I can hear of Stephen sounds pretty good and the rest of it sounds like the swing choir show at the local high school. Um, what the holy hockey stick was whatsherface Tohn doing?? She was trying to reggae it up or something? I do not like her. As per usual, the choreography was quite comical and some of them struggled to dance and sing at the same time. Or maybe it was the really bad outfits on a few of them. I really can’t tell. THIS is American Idol!

[hana-flv-player video="http://videos.idolsix.com/videos/group1groupsong.flv"splashimage="http://idolbloglive.com/idolblog/wp-content/plugins/hana-flv-player/splash3.jpg"/]

After the commercial break and we see THE STOOLS! The stools are back! The silver space stools of safety! The SSS of S! How’s that for some mad alliteration?? Ryan introduces us to the recaps from last night and we are reminded just how bad some of them really were! And just how good some of them were, as well.

Ryan chit-chats with the kids and forces Anoop to admit to being nervous. Oh, Ry! You are such a card! Tatiana is wearing the ring Paula gave her and she primps and speaks gibberish and blah blah blah.

Lights dimmage!! Ryan calls Casey to the center of the stage and she tells us AGAIN how much fun she had. Randy says she should not stay. And, she is NOT in the top 12. Stephen is up next and he is out.

Alexis is next up looking all cute and adorable and pixie-like and Paula says Alexis came out of her shell. Alexis is IN!! Yay! She sings again (even better than last night!) and her dad cries. Guess one reason why I like Alexis?? She. Does. Not. Screech. Oh, and she can really sing, too.

Alrighty, then. We’re back and I managed to eat my weight in cheesecake kisses during the commercial break. What? Shut up. I distract easily.

Jackie and Ricky are called together to center stage and they are BOTH not in the Top 12. Next is Anoop with Michael and Ryan drags it out. Michael is IN!! Yay, again! Anoop is out. (For the record, I liked Anoop, too.) Michael sings again and it is upbeat and fun and good and I kinda love him and his big ol’ ruffneck self! As we fade to commercial, Ryan informs us that only 20,000 votes separated Anoop and Michael. The drama!

Time to fill up the last stool…er…not quite. We get to see footage of the opening of the Idol Experience at Disney and all the previous Idol winners. Cool. Taylor Hicks = love.

Ryan calls out the next two contestants and OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG it is Michael Johns! And some girl who was on last year with him. ba dum bump, tsch… No, I kid. It’s Carly. Ha ha. Michael looks scrumptious and beautiful and yummy and then he and Carly sing “The Letter” and sound like BUTTAH! Pardon me as I have goosebumps and paper-bag breathing. I don’t care what anyone says, that boy is awesome and can wear himself some jeans! Wait, hold it, back up the bus…Michael mentioned his album will be out in MAY and his single will be out in a couple of weeks. **marking calendar and earmarking money** Oh, by the way, did you see him flash our secret sign at the end? He loves me. He’ll come for me soon.

[hana-flv-player video="http://videos.idolsix.com/videos/mjandcarly.flv"splashimage="http://idolbloglive.com/idolblog/wp-content/plugins/hana-flv-player/splash3.jpg"/]

And finally, it’s time to decide who gets the SSS of S! He has Ann-Marie, Brent and Stevie stand. They are all out. (duh)

LoathyTat and Danny are the last two to stand with Ryan. LoathyTat is unable to speak. Paula spouts gibberish. The crowd goes wild for Danny. I don’t like Danny’s white glasses and we have to wait until another commercial break has ended to find out who gets that last stool. All I have to say is if the show even tries to lie and say LoathyTat got more votes than Danny I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN!! OK, I will, but I will be mad and boycott all AXE products for EVER! (P.S. I don’t use AXE products.)

DANNY is IN! LoathyTat is OUT! LoathyTat has to be carried from the stage in a limp ball of goo and Danny sings and I love him a little bit more. (AND? It has ZERO to do with his back story and everything to do with his singing and seeming genuineness. So the haters can suck it, kay?)

And so ends my first results blog of the new season. I’ve had fun! Comment your little hearts out! Until next time…I’m Angie and I am out.

1. eric says:

from what i noticed i haven’t seen too much talk about the whole eliminate 9 a week new format thing. I think its so unfair. i know that they get to come back for a wild card but then what? only three will make it out on out of 27? it seems like one bad week just ruins your chances. and lets face it, danny is a sob story, he’s great, i love him, but the judges waaaay over reacted in his favor at the end of his performance, nobody is that good yet, its too early. braddy definately out sang him by a mile. and seriously? mike carver ahead of anoop? granted anoop has no chance of winning but lets face it, he sang better than carver. and that anne marie girl i think her name is, she did pretty damn good, way better than the judges gave her credit for. i bet if danny sung natural woman the three weaker judges would have loved it!!! lol so i guess i just rambled on to say that i think that dropping nine at a time is pretty weak!!! and even though they were weak i would like to see stevie wright, jackie tohn, and casey carlson again—-it was the first day cut them some slack, they can do way better. there was really only a couple that i am glad are gone. o well as long as my girl megan corkrey makes it next week im good, she had a great audition!!! unfortunately idol hasnt shown her once since her audition–guess they don’t want her to win for some reason. o no wait, i forgot, idols not fixed at all……

Great job my queen. I will look forward to your recaps every week. :heart:

3. axe911 says:

I found your comments refreshing and right on target. Keep up the good work!

4. d2 says:

Angie, You are wonderful and very witty. I love your results show blog. You make me laugh out loud every time I read it. I love your humor. You go girl!!! Last year you did a fabulous job and I totally looked forward to reading your special view and the tid-bits of your personal life are my favorite. I’d have a blast being in the room with you while you watched, but I don’t have to because you take me there with your blog. You are the QUEEN. :smile:

Dee Dee

5. rachel says:

GREAT JOB AGAIN, ANGIE !!! :smile:

6. randomx6 says:

[quote comment="51082"][quote comment="51077"]Did “it is all about me” really think she had a chance?[/quote]

Aparently so!!! Because she was crying.[/quote]
    Of course she did.
    1. Why go on the show if you don’t think you can win.
    2. I am sure the producers jacked her hopes up sky high before the show.
    3. I like the girl but, as it turns out, she is, at best, a cousin to reality.

7. Lee says:

[quote comment="51060"]As for my maturity level, well, I make no apologies for my silly live blogging. I enjoy telling it like I see it. Until Slim tells me to stop, well, you guys are stuck with me on results nights. :silly:[/quote]
    I hope that you didn’t include me with “you guys” Angie. My comment about Micheal and Carly’s number was sincere. I like them both and this was a great exposure chance for them. I truly thought that their song selection was a very poor one. I meant no slight to anyone, I was simply disappointed by their song choice. :smile:

8. Cláudia says:

Thank you for the great recap!!
    I visit the site everyday but I’ve never commented yet.. (shame on me :P ).
    I love American Idol but I can’t watch it on TV because… I’m from Portugal!!

That’s right, I’m a fan from the other side of the world :)
    So, this site is the only way for me to keep in touch with the live results and details :/
    Actually here in Portugal we can watch the show in cabo TV but… their airing season 7!! can you believe it? The final airs tomorrow and it was like a million years ago! lol

Anyway, I’m preparing to cry my eyes out because I’m an Archie fan :P (and I’ve already watched the moment a million times on YouTube… whatever)

So, thank you again and keep the good work :)
    (I’m sorry for some miss-spelling but english is not my first language..)

9. sonya says:

Aparently so!!! Because she was crying.

10. Jennifer says:

Hey Angie! I thought you did a great job with the results show. Keep up the great work. Now as for my opinion on the final three, I think it was right on. I have to say when two of three were seated, everyone had to be thinking that it was going to be Danny. Did “it is all about me” really think she had a chance? I think this is going to be a great season and cannot wait for more American Idol next week. Again, keep up the great work Angie!

11. randomx6 says:

Hey Marty,

Angie and I agree about 10% of the time – seem right Angie? – but I don’t go around calling her names. She busts her hump ever Wednesday to get the results out for all of us who can’t watch the show or can’t bear to watch the show. Results night is a thankless chore. Leave her alone.

12. sonya says:

[quote comment="51057"]There is ALWAYS someone being “pimped” by the show. Danny is just the unlucky or lucky one this year. That being said, I will vote for him because I like his voice and not because TPTB tell me to.[/quote]

I will pimp you Angie cus your comments on results night are funny! :)

13. ABB says:

[quote comment="51048"]
    ps
    -bring the boss back, angie’s immaturity level is unbearable[/quote]
    Hey dude, Angie has been INVITED expressly by the boss to do results nights because he likes her “immaturity” or whatever you want to call it. The regulars here love it and love her. You, on the other hand…. are a visitor. Be nice.

15. marty says:

hell yeah!!! i know, and i thought i was the only one feeling this during the show….

[quote comment="51048"][quote comment="50956"]I’m irritated with this season already. Here’s why:

1. Michael Sarver gets in on his background story
    2. Ricky Braddy is thwarted by the producers even though he gave one of the best vocals of the night.
    3. Danny Gokey will never be as good as his hype. I’m so sick of them pimping him out. I can think of 7 American Idol winners who are better singers than him

4. The groups for next week? Matt and Adam are in the same group?!?!?! Week 3 is going to be uber weak as far as males go.[/quote]

Damn, I completely agree with everything here. I have compassion for Danny’s loss but what’s up with all the hype? I’m afraid it might turn out to be built up for nothing and just bite him in the ass as well as the rest of the easily swayed Americans. we ain’t haters, danny’s personality is great and he’s a likeable guy but this is a singing competition. AI has totally rigged the results in their favor as far as grouping, video clips, comments from judges. Braddy was damn good and deserved more clips on his story. The whole crap with tatiana? was that necessary? did they have to take it to that level and blow her out of proportion? they kept her in there this long just for show…to portray a conceited psycho then crumble her dreams while all bloggers of america triumphs and rejoices over her verdict.—dude that was harsh, my heart goes out to her.
    lastly, there’s gotta be something said on kara…annoying since day one, who does she think she is? does she really think she’s the sh*t? i mean i can’t stand some of her comments, so immature!!! in response to her smart aleck comment, she should go home, we don’t need that crap on american idol.

ps
    -bring the boss back, angie’s immaturity level is unbearable[/quote]

SLIM! They’re calling for the Queen’s beheading!! :tongue:

18. marty says:

[quote comment="50929"]I can’t say this often enough CarUH is useless.[/quote]
    can’t agree with u more!!!!! thank you!!!!

19. marty says:

[quote comment="50956"]I’m irritated with this season already. Here’s why:

1. Michael Sarver gets in on his background story

ps
    -bring the boss back, angie’s immaturity level is unbearable

One opportunity for what?

21. Joyce says:

[quote comment="50996"][quote comment="50995"]I thought some of the intermission commercials which were all bad were more entertaining then Michael and Carly. Why did they sing :The Letter” what a terribly boring choice, the best part of the song was when it ended.They had one opportunity and they blew it. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

**GASP!**

**ohmmmmm ohmmmmm**[/quote]

Go to your happy place, Angie!!

**GASP!**

**ohmmmmm ohmmmmm**

23. Lee says:

24. sonya says:

Oh cool there are some videos up yay! :) Thanks!!! :)

25. sonya says:

Oh rats! The tv guide said 9:00 so I watched New Adventures of old Christine but close to a half an hour when I was switching channels during a commerical I noticed American Idol was on! DOH! Since I missed some of it I didn’t want to watch the rest. I didn’t want to see half way through! So I watched my other show Gary unmarried.. I’m sure AI results will be online somewhere.. :) At the end I saw Danny singing but then I changed the channel thinkign oh oh did Danny not make it? But then my mom said he did YAY! :)

26. Joyce says:

[quote comment="50987"]I missed the show tonight, did they say who is in group 2? sorry if I missed it in the post. Thanks![/quote]

Jessica, it will be posted on here at midnight tonight.

27. gt88 says:

I feel like Anoop was better than Michael

28. Jessica says:

29. Joyce says:

[quote comment="50982"][quote comment="50952"]Michael over Ricky??????

Ok, if you say so?????[/quote]

Nope – not ok – stand up & be counted!

Power to the People!

We Shall Overcome!

54’40 or Fight! (That’s for Joyce)[/quote]

thanks? :dizzy:

Ok, what does it mean?

30. CB says:

[quote comment="50952"]Michael over Ricky??????

Ok, if you say so?????[/quote]

Nope – not ok – stand up & be counted!

Power to the People!

We Shall Overcome!

54’40 or Fight! (That’s for Joyce)

[quote comment="50977"]The haters should suck it…charming[/quote]

I never claimed to be charming. I am just me. I have a little fun and Slim lets me.

P.S. I don’t actually SAY ‘suck it’ in real life.

32. randomx6 says:

The haters should suck it…charming

33. rachel says:

Michael and Carly did a great job with their duet ! Angie must be counting the days until Michael’s album comes out in May !!! And his single in two weeks ! :smile:

34. Pro-du-cer says:

BOOOOOOO!!! the results sucks!!!!

35. DJSlim says:

[quote comment="50964"][quote comment="50962"]great job Angie. Thank you for the night off :)[/quote]

Thanks for letting me do it![/quote]

You are more than welcome :)

36. Joyce says:

[quote comment="50968"][quote comment="50941"][quote comment="50939"][quote comment="50937"]I’m Switzerland.[/quote]

I shall hug you and pet you and call you Switzy.[/quote]

ROFL ROFL ROFL

:whistle:[/quote]

Oh man….it’s a damn good thing you live in Oregon!![/quote]

I need that running away motie over here!! :wink:

I shall hug you and pet you and call you Switzy.[/quote]

ROFL ROFL ROFL

:whistle:[/quote]

Oh man….it’s a damn good thing you live in Oregon!!

[quote comment="50954"][quote comment="50953"]:heart: Danny Gokey :heart:[/quote]

:heart: :heart: Ditto :heart: :heart:[/quote]

I ditto that ditto.

39. Joyce says:

[quote comment="50959"]And the threat to not watch anymore…sorry, it counts as #8.[/quote]

You are just relentless on that!!! :tongue:

[quote comment="50962"]great job Angie. Thank you for the night off :)[/quote]

Thanks for letting me do it!

41. DJSlim says:

great job Angie. Thank you for the night off :)

42. DJSlim says:

[quote comment="50958"]I never would have guessed Michael. But Dialidol had him as the second highest vote getter, so I figured he probably would be one of the three.
    But still surprised.[/quote]

I saw that but figured Anoop would get the spot. Figured TPTB would step in and put him through instead of Michael

43. rachel says:

GREAT job as always, Angie ! Thank you ! :smile:

44. ABB says:

Oh Angie, I missed your zany results night blogging. Love the SSS of S and the gibberish and the LoathyTat being carried out in a limp ball of goo. And the threat to not watch anymore…sorry, it counts as #8.

45. rachel says:

But still surprised.

46. Jude says:

I’m irritated with this season already. Here’s why:

1. Michael Sarver gets in on his background story

47. Bill says:

The crazy women is out! Of course …can she come back as a wild card? It reminded me of that episode of the Simpsons when Bart slows the tape down to go frame by frame through to see exactly where Ralph’s heart breaks. Tatiana is a pretentious drama queen who I believe has true mental health issues. Now she is GONE!!!!!

48. rachel says:

[quote comment="50953"]:heart: Danny Gokey :heart:[/quote]

:heart: :heart: Ditto :heart: :heart:

49. Joyce says:

:heart: Danny Gokey :heart:

50. starshine0810 says:

Michael over Ricky?????? Ok, if you say so?????

51. RT Huggin says:

I’m sorry… i’m very confused… can someone explain what is actually happening tonight?!?! Thank you![quote comment="50950"][quote comment="50947"]I’m sorry… i’m very confused… can someone explain what is actually happening tonight?!?! Thank you![/quote]

RT — (courtesy of the Tide) go to http://slimtainment.com/idolblog/?p=2508 and it should be explained there.[/quote]

Thank you very much!!! it makes more sense now!!! I appreciate the assistance!
    I hope that anoop makes it back in the wild card round! :)

52. Joyce says:

53. Joyce says:

What are cheesecake kisses? I must have them. NOW!! :devil:

54. RT Huggin says:

55. ABB says:

[quote comment="50940"][quote comment="50938"]Kind of weird format. Now that Michael is in with Alexis, everyone else standing over to the side knows they are out because obviously Danny is the obvious only other choice left. Weird.[/quote]

Any chance in heck that Danny hasn’t made it through?[/quote]
    Do you need a slapping with a wet noodle?!

56. ABB says:

[quote comment="50939"][quote comment="50937"]I’m Switzerland.[/quote]

I shall hug you and pet you and call you Switzy.[/quote]
    I shall hug you and call you Switzy also, but I’ll leave the petting to Angie. :whistle:

57. Leila says:

Wow, Dial Idol nails it again… Can’t believe Sarver is through, he’s so middle of the road…

Anoop will probably be back on the wild card show.

58. Lucy says:

Danny has to make it in!!!!!!

59. Joyce says:

Any chance in heck that Danny hasn’t made it through?[/quote]

Bite your tongue.

60. Joyce says:

[quote comment="50939"][quote comment="50937"]I’m Switzerland.[/quote]

I shall hug you and pet you and call you Switzy.[/quote]

ROFL ROFL ROFL :whistle:

61. [quote comment="50938"]Kind of weird format. Now that Michael is in with Alexis, everyone else standing over to the side knows they are out because obviously Danny is the obvious only other choice left. Weird.[/quote]

Any chance in heck that Danny hasn’t made it through?

[quote comment="50937"]I’m Switzerland.[/quote]

I shall hug you and pet you and call you Switzy.

63. ABB says:

64. Joyce says:

I’m Switzerland.

[quote comment="50929"]I can’t say this often enough CarUH is useless.[/quote]

Whoa…we agree on something! :tongue:

66. ABB says:

So glad Alexis made it. She sang even better the second time around.

Too bad her dad is the spitting image of Ben Franklin – guess we’ll be seeing him around for a while!

67. ABB says:

[quote comment="50932"][quote comment="50931"]Kara has quickly become my favorite judge. :biggrin:[/quote]

Kara isn’t bad. Better than Paula that’s for sure[/quote]
    Amen, I like Kara alot. I think she’s a great addition.

68. DJSlim says:

Kara isn’t bad. Better than Paula that’s for sure

69. Kara has quickly become my favorite judge. :biggrin:

70. randomx6 says:

Song OK – Cheese factor high but ok. Camera work terrible!

71. randomx6 says:

I can’t say this often enough CarUH is useless.

72. ABB says: