Idol 10 Live Blog (Top 6)

Last week the Top 7, this week the Top 6. Another will go home tomorrow. Who will shine and will someone finally fall off the stage? Tune in and see how it all goes down in my live blog below.

Don’t forget tonight at 11PM EST is the Idol Radio show hosted by Sir Darryl and Alan Attebery. You can Click Here to tune in and listen. You will even be able to call into the show and some of the comments made here might even make it to the show.

Contestant : Jacob Lusk
Voting Number : 1-866-idols-01
Song Title : “Oh No Not My Baby”
Judges Thoughts : (R) A couple of sharp spots but you brought it back. You are a great singer. (S) We all knew you could sing. Its about time you shook your tail feathers. When you strut like that, that is the magic (J) There were spaces were it wasn’t perfect but in the end you brought it home and killed it.
Slim’s Score : 5/10 I swear each week you understand less and less of the song. Probably my pick to go home tonight. Oh wait he is. Do we really need to continue?

Contestant : Lauren Alaina
Voting Number : 1-866-idols-02
Song Title : “Where You Leave”
Judges Thoughts : (R) I didn’t love the song, it was safe and boring but you made it something more. Its about you. Lauren continue to go hard for it. (S) I saw you shine tonight when your voice broke. You keep shining. (J) I am so proud of you. I felt you pushing. Those barriers are hard to break as a singer. Your pushing and thats what you need to do.
Slim’s Score : 7/10 Better than Jacob but kind of weak. With only 6 left anything could happen. Hopefully Lauren is safe.

Haley and Casey Duet “I Feel The Earth Move”

Contestant : Scotty McCreery
Voting Number : 1-866-idols-03
Song Title : “You Got A Friend”
Judges Thoughts : (R) You turned the other cheek from last week. The start was flawless. It was an excellent job. Loved it. Scotty is in it to win it. (S) I like the way you went up on that one note and held it. I don’t think you ever sang better. The front was beautiful (J) You are getting better reaching for the higher registers of your voice. You told the story beautifully.
Slim’s Score : 9/10 Loved it. I will so be putting this studio in my library.

Contestant : James Durbin
Voting Number : 1-866-idols-04
Song Title : “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow”
Judges Thoughts : (R) You turned the other cheek. Tonight you proved you are a great singer. That was one of the performances of the last couple of months. This guy may just win the whole thing (S) That was good. You had me sold on it at the beginning. Thats the first song I ever made out with a girl too. (J) It was magical. You had me moving up here for the first time tonight. You are the star of the night.
Slim’s Score : 10/10 James Durbin and Scotty for the Final 2. Mark my words. That was amazing. Another studio I can’t wait to hear.

Lauren and Scotty Duet “Up On The Roof”

Contestant : Casey Abrams
Voting Number : 1-866-idols-05
Song Title : “Hi-Di-Hoe”
Judges Thoughts : (R) You always keep this show different. I am excited everytime you are up there and I applaud you for that (S) It was beautiful. You made my scalp itch it was so good. (J) You were in your element. The whole thing really really worked.
Slim’s Score : 6/10 Casey has overstayed his welcome. He won’t go home this week, Jacob will but get those bags ready Casey cause you are out the door next week.

Contestant : Haley Reinhart
Voting Number : 1-866-idols-06
Song Title : “Beautiful”
Judges Thoughts : (R) I didn’t love the beginning. The end is where I got more excited. (S) You are as beautiful as that songs says. You nailed it now. (J) Beautiful. Amazing.
Slim’s Score : 8/10 Haley closes the show and as usual looks beautiful. I think it was a much better performance than last week but I am nervous she may still hit the bottom 3 again.

Jacob and James Duet “Something Tells Me I’m Into Something Good”

Slim’s Bottom 3

• Lauren Alaina
  • Casey Abrams
  • Jacob Lusk

Slim’s Pick To Depart

• Jacob Lusk

So what do you think about tonight? Who did you like and who just didn’t cut it for you? Leave your thoughts in a comment and tune in again tomorrow night at 8PM EST as Queen Angie blogs the results live.

1. Karen says:

Scotty is starting to REALLY bug me. He seems self-righteous and a stiff. Like he couldn’t even play along with them about liking Lauren. What a dud.

People….the guy is just mediocre. period. paragraph.

@gma–You mean we’re NOT experts?? lol I only express my opinions here, but I never expect it be “right.” I just KNOW I am. LOL ha ha ha ha

3. gma says:

I laugh each week as all of you give your expert opinions and they are all different and you all think you are right!

I “get” music and I do not appreciate Casey’s music.

Can’t stand Haley, never have, never will.

Thought Casey/Haley duet was horrible.

Lauren is going better each week, but still has not delivered like she did in the auditions. She sounds so good in group numbers and the duets, it must be the nerves. She is still young and needs to learn to corral the nerves.

I really like Scotty and I am a big country fan but last night was not my favorite.

I thought James was amazing last night. He is very talented but has his own thoughts as to what he should do. He would do good to listen to the professionals and will do well.

Jacob just does not belong here. He reminds me of Big Mike from a previous season. He has a great voice but is more suited to gospel and does not really belong on this show.

Lauren
    James
    Scotty
    Haley
    Casey
    Jacob.

Just my opinion but I think one of these bottom three will go home.

Lauren, Casey, and Jacob in the bottom three. Jacob goes home.

Jacob looked like he got his outfit from Ringling Brothers, the clown collection.

I liked Scotty, Haley, Lauren, and James tonight.
    Casey was okay, but I remember the BS&T arrangement and Casey ain’t no David Clayton Thomas. And, Casey could have left the Sinatra/Stefano hat back in wardrobe.
    Jacob/James duet was a complete train wreck. The other duets were very well done.

5. Rob says:

Oh yeah, and Casey wishes he could growl with Haley!

6. Rob says:

If there was such a thing as a black Big Bird on Sesame Street and you tried to dress it up in a suit, it would look just like Jacob tonight- doh!

7. Alison says:

My top pics are Scotty, Hayley and James. Casey is unique like a 50 year old man with the white socks and bushy hair and beard. Just bugs me too much.

8. sonya says:

The people I voted for are,

Lauren Alaina

Jazzy man aka Casey Abrams

Haley Reinhart

Scotty McCreery

J.D.

Comments:

Lauren Alaina: YEAH! There is your confidence!!! :) In the beginning it was slow but then she got into it!! :)

Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart: Well this is new. :) I guess the producers or whomever wanted to shake things up. Steven Tyler asks Casey how inlove is he with Haley! ROFL! I heard they were dating. :) They are so cute together and sing awesome together!!! They are being called Carley. :)

Scotty McCreery: That was awesome! Go Scotty!!!

J.D.: Damn I got emotional!! :) He is just so freakin good!!!! :)

9. Ericb22193 says:

Excellent night overall… polar opposite of last week, here we go:

1) Jacob-7/10- I thought he was actually pretty good here. It was the right song choice and he sang it well… but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want him to go home.

2) Lauren-9/10- Excellent performance by Lauren. She could really win this.

3) Casey/Haley- 9/10- As angie pointed out, these two have great chemistry. Their styles mesh, and they delivered the best duet of the night.

4) Scotty- 9.5/10- This was a brilliant performance. Amazing vocals, vibe, emotion, and just overall feel of the performance outclassed everything else. His best performance to date, and one of the best of the season.

5) James- 8/10- James’ best performance yet. The beginning was outstanding… and then when the instruments came in, it went down a couple notches. Still, like I said, James’ best performance, and the first time he hasn’t sucked in weeks.

6) Lauren/Scotty- 8/10- It was good, but very boring.

7) Casey- 9/10- I don’t know how anyone who loves all types of music could hate on Casey after these last few weeks. This guy brings flavor, you don’t know what he’s gonna do next, and he’ll blow your mind. Excellent vocal, excellent stage presence, and brought Casey attitude to the performance by the end. Honestly he’s the best of the bunch, period. He’s just not the right type to win this show, and sadly not everyone can appreciate all the different types of music, but Casey has loads of fans and he isn’t going anywhere at least for a couple more weeks. He’s unique, and sadly that may be hurting him in the votes as much as helping him.

8) Haley- 8/10- Wow, what a performance by Haley. Her best thus far. Haley has really been on a rocket upwards since Top 9ish… She’s still not one of my favorites, but damn she did a great job.

9) James/Jacob- 2/10- The only sour part of the night… terrible, pitchy, screechy, corny… and they let this go on last. Amazing how James Durbin has had the pimp spot two weeks in a row… Idol playing favorites much?

Overall (Solo Performances Only):
    1) Scotty
    2) Casey
    3) Lauren
    4) Haley
    5) James
    6) Jacob

You know, what, I’ve been right exactly the past two weeks with the bottom 3 and bottom 2… so fuck it, Haley, James, and Jacob are in the bottom 3. Truth be told based on the whole season, that’s the deserved bottom 3 anyway, especially James and Jacob in the bottom 2 after that mess of a duet they put on. I’d much rather James goes home in a shocker, just because I know Jacob’s on a ticking timebomb, but I probably won’t get my wish :( Ah well, Jacob going home would suffice, and I wouldn’t cry if Haley went home either, even though she had a great performance.

10. Nicky says:

This was a bad theme; every one of these top 6 are better than how they sang tonight…

11. Bruce says:

Why must they have these dumb time fillers? Lose the duets, the group numbers etc. They are a complete waste of time. Make the show an hour long please.

The top 3 for me: James, Lauren and Jacob.
    The bottom 2: Casey and Scotty. Casey was just terrible and butchered the song. Even Mindi can’t save him. And Scotty was just dull, dull, dull.

12. Karen C says:

My ranking for tonight:

Haley!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lauren Alaina
    scotty
    James
    Jacob
    Casey

13. Sam says:

I thought it was the most entertaining show all season. They all did a really good job. Not a fan of Jacob, but he was fun to watch. Like Haley a lot, but felt she rushed the verses. Casey is always different and fun, but might work against him.

14. elekTROLYTE says:

My performance ranking for tonight:

1. James Durbin
    2. Scotty McCreery
    3.5. Lauren Alaina
    3.5. Casey Abrams
    5.5. Haley Reinhart
    5.5. Jacob Lusk

Ha..James and Jacob duet! That was comical and sometimes decent, mostly awful but really FUN!

Haley–She shouts and growls. I don’t hate her, but I don’t love her. 7/10

17. Fran says:

I enjoy Casey, even though I don’t understand a lot about music.
    He just entertains me.
    My young son, the real musician, loves Casey more than all of them.
    He says Casey is just “sick good” (whatever that means) LOL.

He also says people who really don’t “get” good music won’t care for Casey, because he doesn’t fit the same mold as everyone else.

He says James is good also, but that’s because James can jump and scream with the best jumpers and screamers. He’ll make good money, but he’s a dime a dozen.

For me, being a grandma who “doesn’t get” Casey, I love Scotty!!!!!!

Casey–I love him. Have I said that? I really really really enjoyed that! The whole thing was fun and entertaining. He talked through some of it but that made the song great! I love Casey! (have I mentioned that?) 8.5/10

Lauren and Scotty–Up On The Roof–Oh, I’ll take this studio, too! A great duet yet again.

20. idoltime says:

thank you for putting this out here… I miss the first 1/2 because of Wednesday night Church choir practice. But, I get to come home, and see the performances, and see everyone’s comments… I don’t have a DVR… so, this is the next best thing. Thanks, again.

James–Will You Still Love Me–I like what he did with the song but I just can hardly stand his voice. I like it less and less each week. At least he didn’t get TOO screamy. He just almost did. 7.5/10

Scotty–You’ve Got A Friend–I. LOVED. That. He did a fantastic job slowing that down and took some of the twang out. He could have a hit with that if he really countrified it! 8.5/10

Haley and Casey–I Feel The Earth Move–Loved it! So much fun and they have great chemistry together! I want that studio!!

Lauren-Where You Lead (I think?)–First, she looks great and she also sounded really good. It still feels like she’s trying to fake it til she makes it in the confidence department, but it was much better than weeks past. (Didn’t you just love all those boys conveniently placed on stage?) Anyway, she’s cute as a button and there’s nothing I don’t like about her. :) 8/10

25. Carol says:

sing it, Lauren!!

26. Carol says:

yuck

Jacob–(I missed the song title) This is the most animated I’ve seen Jacob all season! If nothing else, it was fun and I was digging his nerdy Urkel outfit! lol He did a pretty good job but I am still not a big fan. 7/10

28. Appeal says:

What’s the appealate process? Shoutbox says “Banned.”

I did nothing to warrant banishment…I always keep comments clean.

Cue the comments!