Lopez May Not Return To Idol

It is possible fans that Jennifer Lopez may not return to the judging table for season 11 of American Idol. While Randy and Steven were signed to consecutive years at the table, Jennifer Lopez was only given a 1 year contract and she is on the fence about returning next season.

First-year American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez says she’s “on the fence” about returning to Fox’s competition series for a second season.

The singer told BBC Radio 1′s Scott Mills, “I don’t know. I haven’t been forced to make a decision and I’m glad about that because honestly I’m very on the fence about it.”

Lopez signed a one-year deal with the show in October for a reported $12 million.

She added that her schedule is filling up for the remainder of 2011, “I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it but I have a lot other things happening, and it’s going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year and we’re not really at the breaking point of ‘You have to make a decision right now! I’m just really enjoying the time of just waiting and seeing.”

Source : The Hollywood Reporter

1. Nicky says:

This is the best news so far this summer. J-Lo morphed into Paula by the end of the season…

2. jalin says:

@Kathy and Starshine: I agree with you completely. I thought Jennifer did the best judging job.

3. Jimmyohyeah says:

No loss. Take Randy with you.

4. Kathy says:

I hope she stays on for at least another year, She was awesome, I absoluetly think she was the best person for the job, I couldn’t have asked for a better judge on Idol. I think she treated each one of the contestants the way she would have wanted to be treated, had she of been on that stage. I think this year the people chose the true American Idol, not just someone who can bellow out the highest vocals. With each of the judges encourging words for the contestants, America got to decide who they wanted to win without their favorites being sorely criticized by rude obnoxious judges,trying to make you think your favorite is a loser so they can persuade you to vote the way they desire. These judges never acted like the idols were a waste of time listening to them, instead they just encouraged them each week and only mildly criticized when they felt it was needed for that person to grow as an artist. I know each person is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine! Just saying…..

5. Vetle says:

I kinda like Driller’s idea.

However, I can’t stand Randy’s monotonous critiques anymore. I’d say give him the boot. Steven is not really doing anything either, but at least he’s entertaining, especially for the audition episodes. He made the audition episodes much better. I rarely get mad with the judges on these shows (not even Kara…) – but Randy… man… he spent nine years copying of what Simon said (imma have to agree with ma boy Simon here), and when Simon’s gone – he turns to the awful “in it to win it”, “the Lauren that we first saw in Nashville”, “Scotty concert” (pretty much every week).

J.Lo was OK. She showed promise to be a good judge earlier in the season, but it faded away quickly. I could see a new female judge on the panel – preferably Shania Twain (I hate Country music, but Shania Twain is LOVELY). :)

6. starshine0810 says:

I have loved her this year..I hope she will give us one more season…surprisingly, there is wonderful chemistry between the three judges…

Maybe AI should do what SYTYCD does. Hire six or seven judges and rotate a couple out each week. Keep Randy as the resident judge but rotate the others during the season. Just a thought.