Song Selections for Top 4

I have been very sick for the past week so I am very sorry for being late getting this post up. Please accept my apologies. With that said we are down to 4 and this week the theme is Boogie Songs with mentoring by Barry Gibb. So what would you like to see each of the contestants sing on Tuesday night? Simply leave a comment with your song choices and then check back again on Tuesday to see if you were right.

Don’t forget Tuesday night I will be blogging the show live via the East Coast Feed. With the new server everyone will be able to get online. Last week on results night we had 514 online at one point and we had absolutely no connection problems at all. See everyone Tuesday night at 8pm.

1. rachel says:

Should be an interesting week for song choices. I loved the BeeGees. Especially Barry Gibb. Can’t wait !

2. TheVeryTricky says:

I’d looooooove to see Jordin singing something very disco by Donna Summer (like “I feel love” or “No more Tears”). And I bet Blake will go beat-boxing again, no matter what the song is, which I would love too!!

3. Joyce says:

[quote comment="19886"]Joyce, I saw an AI commercial this morning that said “see the top 4 singing songs of the BeeGees.” I hope you’re right, but that’s what I heard.[/quote]

I suppose you could be right, especially if you saw it in a commercial, but I heard Ryan announce on last week’s results show that it was “Boogie Night” with Barry Gibb as a mentor. I guess we’ll see in less than 24 hours!

4. Guest says:

Even though BeeGees are most famous for their disco songs, I actually think their ballads are very underrated. That’s why I would love to see LaKisha do Emotion (covered by Destiny’s Child) and Melinda sing Woman In Love (covered by Barbara Streisand). I can also see Jordin do Heartbreaker (written by BeeGees, performed by Dionne Warwick) or Chain Reaction (another BeeGees composition sung by Diana Ross). Blake can pull off a beatbox version of You Should Be Dancing or Staying Alive or go slow with something like How Deep Is Your Love or How can You Mend a Broken Heart.

5. What. says:

LaKisha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhUYZyeOG2U
    That should be the second song she sings. Hopefully she get the pimp spot and blows it away. That would be awesome. It’s the perfect song for her voice.

Also, she should choose a faster song. Hopefully they’re not limited to Bee Gees songs for the entire night. If not, she can sing Jean Knight’s Mr. Big Stuff. Directed at Simon. Hotness.

6. TheTide says:

7. Joyce says:

[quote comment="19864"]Didn’t they already have a Bee Gees Night on Season 2? It was a bit frustrating to have Bee Gees Night because AI has already did it. Why don’t they have disco week? It’s been a while since they did not have disco. (Last season has no disco week.)[/quote]

It’s not just Bee Gee’s songs this week, it’s “boogie” songs, which would be disco.

8. ImaginaryLiteFadesToBlack says:

I would love to see Jordin sing “Dancing Queen”, by ABBA……Hell….I would like to see Blake modernize and put his own unique spin on anything disco-like…..I think this will be a great week from the two of them, and maybe more of a challenge for Lakisha and Melinda….Should be fun nonetheless…..

9. Max says:

10. TheTide says:

So, I just heard that it’s songs of the BeeGees. Who knows what each will sing.

11. TheTide says:

What counts as a boogie song? Are we thinking disco? Stayin’ alive, dancing queen, disco inferno, ladies night, jungle boogie? Are these supposed to be old school boogie songs?

The good thing about boogie is that it is upbeat and may let Blake bust out the beat box again.

Robin Thicke (Mr. falsett is a singing style) does, but who wants to sit through that again? :em76:

13. ABB says:

Me too, but I bet the gals do a terrific job with whatever they pick out. Blake doesn’t have the pipes to pull off a Barry Gibbs falsetto, though.

Hope you are feeling better, Slim.

14. irwin says:

At last! top four already.. I was a bit frustrated with the results.. i think Phil deserved a slot in this top four and Lakisha should have been sent home.. Guys, I have to be honest, for some wier and eerie way Lakisha just creeps me out :em75: ! Viewers please send her home :em75: ! I guess, that JORDIN is going to come back strong after, sad to admit, failing last week.. But I know she’s going to blow us away.. Go JORDIN!:em70: Melinda’s going to be her old, boring, but excellent self.. blah.. blah.. blah.. and hopefully Blake whips out another great and amazing performance.. FINAL 2 PREDICTION: BLAKE vs, JORDIN.. :em71: ..we have to face it.. American Idol is looking for a SINGER + IDOL.. that’s why I have that prediction.. that’s all! :em59:

I am TERRIBLE at predicting songs, so I’ll just wait until Tuesday. :em21: